I apologize for being lazy and not writing for almost two weeks. Now it's my week off and I don't really have anything planned, so I figured I should post something instead of doing nothing.
Last week was really great. The youth group was from Alabama and they were a bunch of fun. I really enjoyed hanging out with them and am continually fascinated by all the connections, however small or insignificant, we are able to make with high schoolers from around the country, and they with the street kids. We interns talked last week about the story of our lives and how the different experiences each person has fits into every other person's life experience. It's interesting to note that although our stories may be very different, many of our basic motivations and desires are the same. I think we all want to be loved, wanted, accepted, and valued, and we operate out of that desire. To realize that this life purpose is relational and can only be satisfied through relationships and communication of some sort or another makes me more sensitive to the people around me. I hope to be a clear channel of God's love, grace, and mercy at all times, and it is my constant prayer that He would work through any word or action I am able to offer... because I know that He makes anyone loved, wanted, accepted, and valued - but it's sometimes hard to see that.
This Monday and Tuesday I spent hiking and camping. Along with 5 other interns and friends, I went on an epic climb to the summit of a fourteen-thousand-foot mountain called Mt. Belford. Not being a naturally athletic or outdoorsy person, I barely made it; I survived. Four of my companions continued on to summit Mt. Oxford, but Liz and I hiked back down to camp and met them there. I must say that although the hike up was incredibly hard, the hike down was absolutely agonizing, as my toes kept jamming into the front of my boot. I got a blister and a black toenail out of that. Anyway, it was a beautiful trek and a great experience, although I do not believe I'll be climbing any more fourteeners in the near future.
It always amazes me how photos can never fully capture the majesty of creation.
0 replies:
Post a Comment