Wednesday, October 29, 2008
And Now, For A Limited Time Only...
I only have six weeks left in Oxford. Well, less than six weeks, because we still have two travel breaks left. This makes me really sad. I don't know how else to say it. I feel like it's all coming to an end just as I'm starting to understand some things about English culture. I feel like all the effort I've made to plunge into it will ultimately come to nothing because I'm leaving. I guess just looking at the end of things has always saddened me (e.g. leaving Abilene at the end of last year). It's just so frustrating because this, too, now feels like home. I'm being torn in three directions and I don't know where to turn. I've got family in each place. But suppose that's a good thing? Maybe this isn't supposed to be painful. Maybe God wants me to see how big He is, how central Christ is to my life. After all, Jesus is the reason for my families. Family. Singular. And to think... I have family celebrating Him along with me, all the way to the ends of the earth... and more and more keep joining the party, even as I type...
Tags:
Oxford,
spiritual reflection
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 replies:
Post a Comment